Sunday, July 19, 2009

Delight & Worship

The core of our delight is our capacity to worship, to create and enter beauty as a reminder and anticipation of God's goodness. Dan Allender, Sabbath Recently, I experienced the thrill of sensing God's pleasure. Jerry's Arterama may seem the least likely place to encounter God, but I experienced DELIGHT right there. I believe God delights in us as we play and simultaneously we delight in him. At Jerry's, I roamed the aisles in search of the canvases, paints, brushes, and other surprises. I talked with Shannon, the manager, about our needs and desires. I calculated cost and budget. I dreamed about little fingers and medium fingers grabbing a brush and expressing a heart to worship God through art. AND... I felt the delight of my soul intersecting with God's delight. In short, I worshiped my Creator. Overwhelmed with God's abundant provision, I loaded up my van. These empty canvases and unstained brushes await the children, God-worshipers. All of this preparation, prayer, and purchasing will blossom tomorrow! Who would think that I could worship the Living God on an aisle in Jerry's Arterama and sense the converging of my design and His purpose for me! My prayer is that each child would tune their spirits to hear the voice of their Creator. Creating will breed listening which will breed more creating. Delight. I believe He delights in us as we play. I could not be more excited to get to play with paint, chalk, glue and other neat art supplies. Thanks to Jerry's for their generosity in donating and discounting enough art supplies to dazzle 100 children!

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing and exciting. I can relate to the feeling of worshiping God through art. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete