Sunday, June 20, 2010

Overheards - 2010

Day 4: Exalt GOD

"You have sheep hair, Gege! Yeah, you have sheep hair, but you have people skin!" g-Campers, ages 3 and 5

"Just twist it and pull it out" - e-Camper, age 6, trying to pull out her first tooth!

(playing with a train like a plane) "I'll fly you to Jesus!" - g-Camper, age 5

Camper: "This isn't my real hair color."
Leader response: "Oh, really?"
Camper: "Yes, I use a LOT of shampoo!"
- e-Camper, brown hair, 6 yrs old, Voice It!

"My mommy and daddy sing really good. My daddy teaches classes and goes to works. Why does he teach classes? Why am I here?" - g-Camper, age 2

Camper: "I'm so excited to go on vacation to Lake Tahoe!"
Leader response: "How cool...What's in Lake Tahoe?"
Camper: "A Lake."
- Voice It!

Leader: "What was your favorite part of the day?"
Camper: "Losing my tooth!"

Day 3: Trust GOD

Of art created in class, "This represents what God wants to give me and it is too big to hold." - Create It!

"I play the guitar. That is the gift that God gave me to give back to Him." ...of the painting done of a guitar, Create It!

After asking the youth guys to move the staging (heavy lifting at the end of a long, hot day...) the wholehearted response... "I would LOVE to!!" - Aaron Martinez, student leader

"I was just here for the kids, but this is changing me. This is very rewarding!" - Emily Batiste, student leader

"I feel so thankful when I am singing worship songs." - Rachel Wilburn, student leader, Voice It!

"When I sing to the Lord, I feel like He is really in me." - Voice It!

"When I sing worship songs, I am singing more for God's pleasure. When I am singing other songs, I'm singing more for myself." - Voice It!

"We are like professionals at this dance!" - Move It!

"What are some sins? - Ding-Dong Ditching, Egging someone or t.p.'ing a house" - Grasp It!

"Read your bible and use it as a weapon to fight your giants." - Stacia, Grasp It!

"Why does God do bad things and then tell us how to take them away?" - g-Camp, 5 yr old

"Why do we do bad things and belong to God?" - g-Camp, 5 yr old

Camper - "Life is like a rubix cube."
Leader response - "I can solve a rubix cube if I take all the stickers off." - Write It!

"A merry heart makes us joyful and the bad spirit dries up your joyful." - g-Camp, 5 yr old

"You have sheep's hair!" - spoken to Gege, g-Camp, 3 yr-old

Day 2: Honor GOD

"Song writing was AMAZING! We wrote a song...a whole song!" - Write It!

"I think it's time for you to stop talking and start painting." - Create It!

(About God)"You are like a great oak giving us support and shade from lies." - Write It!

"Can we like draw a picture of God so we can show how much we love Him?" - Create It!

God created..."The world! Mars! Yeah and He breathes hot breath from His mouth!" - g-Campers ages 4 and 5

God has provided..."The grass for a soft landing" - g-Camp, Jonathan Petak, age 5

"I like crazy!" - Worship time

"God already told me what to draw." - Create It!

Day 1: Seek GOD

"I know a bad, bad, bad sin...ignoring your parents!" - Grasp It!

"We all live on this big blue ball, and there's sin everywhere. We just have to make the best of it!" - Write It!

(Prayer Request) "I want to die when my mommy dies so that I can go to heaven when she does and we can be together. I don't want to be apart from her." - 5 yr old, g-Camp

"My grandfather composed the music we are listening to" - Create It!

"How do you spell 'createable'?"

No comments:

Post a Comment